Monday, March 3, 2008

Double wide! (No its not the pregnant girl!)

So as you know, Rigo and I are looking for houses. Now let me start out by saying that I could never be a pizza delivery driver since I don't know Wichita like the back of my hand but I have a pretty good idea of where everything is or how to find it at least. My husband sadly does not possess this skill. He has no sense of direction. He saw a listing online for a house on west Marie street. Here is our evening...

Rigo: Have you ever heard of Marie St?
Me: No, but it says west Marie so I assume its on the west side (stupid me)
Rigo: Well lets go see it, it looked really nice online and its cheap. There must be something wrong with it. (Typing address into GPS-gotta love the Garmin!)
***driving***
Me: This is far, I don't know if I want to go see this house. Its taking us far west near the zoo.
Rigo: Lets just go see it! I wanna see it! I wanna see it!
Me: Fine.
***driving***
Me: Ok the GPS is telling us to get on the highway and go south. I definitely don't want this house. Lets just go home this is a waste of time.
Rigo: I wanna see it! I wanna see it!
Garmin GPS: Drive 5.2 miles on South I-235.
Me: What the fuck?! 5 miles?! Rigo theres nothing out that far south in Wichita except trashy people and mobile homes! (sorry to my south Wichitians)
Rigo: (laughing) its not a mobile home!
Me: (laughing but half serious) I'm gonna kick your ass if I waste half a tank of gas to see a damn trailer. I'm serious I will leave you there! (Jeep is a V8. Translation- $80 gives me a 1/25 tank of gas)
Rigo: I wish the realtor would have called me back so we could see inside.
***driving***
Phone rings....Rigo answers, its the realtor calling.
Rigo: (talking to realtor) Yes, we are driving out there now to see it. What? Oh... (has funny grin on face) its a mobile home? (we are two blocks from the damn house!!)
Me: (seriously considering hitting my husband on the head with the GPS and leaving him in the prairie field across the street from mobile home park...seriously...then remembered watching The First 48 earlier and decided against it)

So what the hell we are there, we stop and look at this damn trailer. I do admit though that behind the crazy mobile home park this DOUBLE WIDE (I'm high class, only the best for me!! haha!) was fairly nice. I never would have known it was a freaking trailer to begin with.

In conclusion, I am accepting Quik Trip gas gift cards and second, house hunt without your directionally challenged spouse.

Moving on, I started my new job today. I woke this morning and didn't want to go. Even though I have been bored out of my mind the past couple weeks being a bum. But I actually like it! I think it will be a good fit. Seems like a great company. I work for a sports company (which if you know me is kinda funny) but I learned loads today. Mainly we deal with golf and baseball. I learned a lot of cool new golf words today so I can stump even more people with my never ending knowledge :) haha!

And finally, the wonderful people at Saint Francis hospital sent me a statement from my recent ER visit. Since I'm pregnant every hiccup now becomes life threatening (hey remember that mold?!) and I went to the ER last week.

"Thank you for choosing Saint Francis for your health care needs.... the following summary of charges is supplied for your review..."

LABS: $237 (pee'd in a cup)
ULTRASOUND: $1,106
ER:$706 TOTAL: $2,049

NOT PASSING OUT WHEN YOU RECEIVE BILL: Priceless. Now only if I had a damn Mastercard to pay for the rest of this shit!

I'm sorry but $1,100 for a damn sonogram?! Who do these people think they are? For $1,100 you better be able to tell me the sex of my baby, the college he will be attending, and if hes going to marry some skank I will despise til old age!!

Ahhh!

No comments: