Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"none at all?!"

Ok so my body is totally breaking down and I will be a slug come September when the baby gets here.... Had my first appt at the Chiropractor yesterday since the crappy physical therapy isn't working. They did some sort of scan on my spine. I have severe muscle tension in my lower back (uh you think doc?!) and surprise I also have a severe neck/spinal issue. This is our conversation.....

DOC: see this line down here represents the muscle tension in your lower back causing your leg problems. That red line means it is severe.
Also, are you having any neck pain?
ME: No
DOC: None at all?!?!!
ME: Noooooooooo
DOC: Well this line here indicates you have a severe problem in your neck as well. Your spine is going back wards.
(the physical therapist told me my spine was TOO straight and this is what he was talking about) Did you have any sort of trama? A severe car accident as a child?
ME: Nooooooooooo
DOC: Hmmm. We only usually see this sort of distortion after a trama. I'm surprised you aren't in pain.



So I have come to the conclusion that one of my parents must have beat me to the point of unconsciousness and this is why I have no recollection of this event. Hey it explains the trama :) So lucky me has 6 weeks of chiropractor appts, 3 times a week after I just finished 3 weeks of physical theraphy, 3 times a week.



In better news, I heard I got this position at a doc's office I was hoping for! Two more dollars an hour :) And PAID maternity leave.

:)

In sadder news, I heard this person I use to work with back at Cox died this weekend. So crazy. I never really talked to him (sad since we were on the same team) but he seemed like a nice guy. I heard he has a daughter too. Nothing in the paper about it yet...

No comments: