I recently quit my job (on Tuesday!) and it was much needed! I have been looking for a new job but its a slow process. The whole thought of doing interviews and filling out applications is making me gag :) Today I was going to fill out a few more apps BUT I got to reading my friend Jenn's blog and after laughing my head off I decided I should stay home with Max. So its entirely her fault I do not have a job so I will be sending her my electric bill :)
I decided to start this blog just for the heck of it. My husband and I just got married (Sept 21st 2007!) and since we are making A LOT of changes I thought it would be nice to start this and have something to look back on.
The original plan was that I was going to quit working and just go to school. I was going to take a course to get into being a dental asst. Not my dream job but I hate sales so anything is better than that. We are moving into my in-law's (more on that later!) so we can save up to buy our own house and so of course, we can go to school. My husband currently has a full time job and is thinking of getting a part time job for the holidays so its basically going to be just me and Max for awhile :(
Staying at my in laws will be exciting.... (please avoid sending me any horror stories!) I love my husband's family but I'm still scared about living with the in laws. My husband and I stayed there a few days while our new place was ready because our apt had gotten broken into and I didn't want to stay there anymore. Now my mother in law is an old fashioned Mexican woman straight outta Mexico and has cleaning in her blood (the woman mops her kitchen at 7am!) So while we were staying there she decided to go into our bedroom to clean it. I mean I know she was probably just trying to be helpful but I thought it was an invasion of privacy because my mother always told me when you have guests, you do not go into their room during their stay. Respect their privacy is what she told me! (obviously this is not universal) Anyways, because of the break in we had packed everything in trash bags (we have no luggage if you want to send a wedding gift!) and since we were only staying at her house 10 days I didn't feel the need to unpack our entire life and pack up again only to UNPACK AGAIN! Everything stayed in trash bags. So tell me WHY she felt the need to FOLD OUR DIRTY LAUNDRY. Who does that?! Does anyone else see a problem with this or is it just me?? THEN she had the nerve to jokingly ask my husband why didn't I clean the room on my day off since I was at home all day NOT DOING ANYTHING??? (I got up at 7am to take my mother to do errands and didn't get home til my husband did!) Besides, do u call an unmade bed and two Coke cans dirty?
Ahhhh this is going to be a fun year! Isn't there a saying that the first year of marriage is the hardest????
*shakes head* I will end with that
Goodnight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment